Thursday, September 8, 2011

The Boulders

Labor Day weekend I had the opportunity to go up to the Boulder Mountains with my Brother and his Family to do some fishing.
 Donkey Reservoir
 Donkey was full of 12" fish that hit every time I casted.  It was blast to be up there.



 This fish is beautiful.  It put up a good fight  as well.

 Donkey Reservoir.  We went here Friday night after we got situated.  It was close enough to get  a couple hours of fishing in.
 The first fish of the morning.

 Nice glassy lake first thing in the morning.  Seeing this had me itchin to get the float tube pumped up and out on the water.
 A 13" boulder brookie with beautiful colors.  These mountain lakes are known for there Brook Trout.

 My brother Dan getting his flies situated and deciding which one to use.
 A nicer brook.  This one put up a good fight and I was excited to see it on the end of my line.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What kind of fly were you using? I was up there last week and caught some on a black woolly bugger